Sunday, January 10, 2010

My watch is already set to Israel time.


So I'm not a big resolution person. I figure instead of making resolutions, don't set too high of expectations (because expectations don't usually go that well if not fulfilled), don't be too down on yourself if things don't go as planned, and really do what you set out to do if you want to happen. Not much about my character or anything like that because those are things I try to work on daily, despite it being a new year. Never would I ever make the resolution that I'm going to work out more and get those abs that I've been coveting since I was like 14, because let's face it, it's not gonna happen. But if I were to have a resolution I think it would be for more miniscule things that I could actually see myself doing. It'd be like things that I don't usually do. Like start drawing again or take more walks by myself (both of which I really do want to do) or even drink more tea (to become accustomed to the non-taste that it has). So, even though I'm not much about resolutions, my big resolution for 2010 is to actually write and blog more. So exciting, I know, but I've never been much of a journaler, and I really wish I were. But I am very much the type of person that will enjoy the now and just kind of reflect on it later in my mind, but never take the time to pen it down. But now that I am having a huge new adventure, going to Israel this spring, I'd really like to keep people posted with blogs, updates, and the like. I won't guarantee I'll be blogging everyday, but if possible I'd really like to a) keep up with posting photos (because I'm horrible at doing that too), b) post at least one new photo everyday, and c) actually blog my experience and my favorite times in Israel. I really want to get all I can out of Israel this spring. I don't want this to be a forgotten experience. I want details of my time here. So this isn't only for you guys (whoever may be keeping up with my Israel experience), but for me too. I want to be able to truly reflect on what God will be showing me in my time in Israel. So I hope I stay with my new years resolution. I'll try to keep you guys updated as much as I can, and I'm really excited to share my experience with you all. Only one week left in the states! Crazy! Until then Shalom :)

Note: Israel is 11 hours ahead of Alaska time sooo really not that different on the hour but definitely on the am/pm. ha

No comments:

Post a Comment