Monday, February 1, 2010

I can't believe it's already February....

Last night a group of people went camping. I didn’t. I don’t regret it. At all. Really, I don’t. It was nice being able to wake up in my nice cozy bed and not feel rushed, as I don’t have class until later this afternoon. It would have been great to greet the new month (is it really already February?) in the grass in the hill country of Israel, with the open sky above, buuuut I’m okay with missing it. I did go along for the walk last night, as hesitant as I was to go because I’ve been sick and it’s been taking me an awful long time to get over it since I’m on the go all the time. We ended up going to the Roman ruins we were at the night before. We built a large fire and just sat around it, talking and laughing and speaking on spiritual matters. I can barely recall what we talked about around the flame, but all I know that it was great. It would have been cool to be sleeping out there and to catch some pictures of the sun rising and the sun perfectly hitting Tel Aviv, but I’ll live. I’ll just have to catch it next time around I suppose. For now, enjoy some pics of the fire, while I learn how many different ways I can construct the word lomed [learn] in a sentence in Hebrew. Shalom.







No comments:

Post a Comment